MAILMAN DISCUSSION LIST INFORMATION, Updated 2005
This is the email discussion list for MLA's email@example.com email list. You may want to keep this message for future reference.
MLA provides this mailing list as a forum for ideas, questions, announcements, and concerns specific to the group's interests. For other topics or concerns, MLA also provides a wide range Internet resources such as MLANET and the discussion list MEDLIB-L .
1) Members of the group should subscribe to the mailing list at the beginning of their term of interest or membership and should unsubscribe at the end. For some groups, your MLA staff liaison will have already subscribed you to the list.
2) For the mailing list to be an effective communication vehicle, it is important that all members of the group use it. Members who do not have access to email should contact headquarters staff for assistance.
3) Always sign your messages or include an email signature. Include your name and your email address.
4) Messages appearing on the mailing list may be forwarded to other lists or individuals as long as proper credit is given to the author.
5) The possibility always exists that any of your messages may become public, even messages you prefer remain private. Do not post any confidential, defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal material. Do not post any materials protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
6) MLA accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted by users.
7) MLA reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
MLA HEADQUARTERS STAFF ARE GLAD TO HELP
Subscribers who have questions or need help should contact the MLA list administrator at MLA headquarters:
Voice: 312/419-9094 x20
Mail: Medical Library Association
65 East Wacker Place, Suite 1900
Chicago, IL 60601-7298
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the mla-student
(The current archive is only available to the list
Subscribe to mla-student by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a private list, which means that the
list of members is not available to non-members.